S-RM is looking for an exceptional candidate to assist in managing our growing Political and Country Risk team in Cape Town. The team produces focused assessments to give our clients a superior understanding of the political, commercial and security environments in which they operate. We also run Global Security Insight, S-RM’s flagship online country risk platform.
The team has a global reach but each one of our analysts is a regional specialist and a subject matter expert in their field. We are part of S-RM’s wider Risk Management division.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Associate/Associate, you will have direct managerial responsibility for analysts. This will entail overseeing both their professional development and case managing a variety of challenging and time-sensitive projects across a range of countries. In editing analysts’ work, the successful candidate will display excellent attention to detail, astute people management and communication skills, and thorough investment in others’ professional development.
Beyond reporting, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute suggestions for product, team and business development. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to liaise directly with clients and should have strong oral and presentational skills.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants require the following competencies.
- At least four years’ experience in a relevant position within the political and country risk sector, or within a complementary sector, such as global consultancies, government, NGOs, or civil society;
- Demonstrable experience managing a team and complex research projects;
- Excellent written and spoken English with a high standard in report editing;
- Applicants should demonstrate enthusiasm and aptitude for current affairs, risk analysis and modelling across political, economic and security risks;
- Experience of living and/or working abroad is preferred but not essential;
- Fluency in a non-English language is preferred but not essential; and,
- Applicants should have a strong academic and professional track record.
Candidates must be eligible to work in South Africa or the UK without visa sponsorship. As the role will be based in Cape Town, applicants already eligible to work in South Africa will be given preference.
To apply for this role, please email your CV, cover letter, and academic transcripts to email@example.com
S-RM is a business intelligence and risk consultancy with international offices in Europe, South America, Africa, South Asia, and the Middle East. We provide a range of due diligence, political risk and security consulting services to help our clients understand the risks to their business and to identify and implement the most effective means of mitigation.
Our clients include major multinational companies, investment banks and developing market investors, and the majority of our work is undertaken in emerging markets.
Our people come from a range of sectors, including journalism, academia, security, law, consultancy, government and finance. S-RM is an equal-opportunities employer, and we are committed to the ongoing development of our people with training and mentoring programmes.