The Business Intelligence unit is seeking an Analyst to join our due diligence and investigations practice. Applications from graduates as well as more experienced analysts are welcome. All necessary training will be provided and there are no preferred degrees for the role; recent graduate hires include those from humanities, science and finance backgrounds. Due to the international nature of the work, additional languages are an advantage.
Do you want a career helping clients find the answer to these questions…?
- Who are their business partners?
- How did they earn their money?
- Are they involved in fraud or corruption?
- Are they politically connected?
- Is the local government stable?
- Are they involved in any litigation?
S-RM is an international Operational Risk Management business, which combines business intelligence with risk consulting to help our clients understand the risks to their business and to identify and implement the most effective means of mitigation. Our clients include blue-chip companies, private banks, law firms, high net-worth individuals and developing market investors.
We conduct due diligence and investigations on companies and individuals, as well as political risk reporting to expose reputational, political and fraud risks. For further information on the nature of our work see www.s-rm.co.uk
Analyst Role, Due Diligence/Intelligence
The core responsibilities will include:
- Researching and writing desktop-based reports on companies and individuals for due diligence and investigatory purposes;
- Developing a sophisticated working knowledge of due diligence and investigations based on rigorous research, and use of a range of information sources; and,
- Presenting to case managers and clients.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will need to have the following competencies:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree to a high standard, preferably with honours;
- Excellent written and spoken English with a focus on analysing and presenting complex themes and subjects;
- Excellent research and investigative skills;
- Efficient time management skills with ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Some knowledge of international politics and international affairs;
- Basic knowledge of financial and commercial concepts; and,
- Additional international languages are an advantage.
Eligibility to work in South Africa is required.
Key Personal Skills & Attributes
The successful candidate will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a degree of autonomy;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required;
- Honesty and reliability;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and,
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Please register your interest by sending a CV, cover letter and transcript of tertiary qualifications to CTcareers@s-rm.co.uk
Download a copy of the job description here